Gerber Suspension Multi-tool
Olly Worsley, October 26, 2014
Ever since Joseph Gerber launched his Gerber ‘Legendary Blades’ in 1939, the brand has taken off in the outdoor tools market. Specializing in knifes and tools, Gerber has pioneered the way in compact products to meet the demands of several outdoors activities, helping the brand develop a strong relationship with outdoor enthusiasts across the market.
I have tested the Suspension on many expeditions in mixed environments and it has never failed me. It has a pair of tough, spring-loaded pliers and all the essential components needed for the outdoors, such as a knife, serrated knife, saw, scissors, screwdriver and various can and bottle openers. I previously owned Swiss Army Knives but believe this multi-tool to be superior; rugged and versatile, the Suspension’s compact size and epic utility make it the first piece of gear I pack on any trip.
Full Tech Specs
- Overall Length: 15.2 cm
- Closed Length: 8.9 cm
- Weight: 255 g
- Handle Material Stainless Steel
- Sheath Material: Ballistic nylon
- Components: Needlnose pliers, wire cutter, fine edge knife, serrated edge knife, saw, scissors, crosspoint screwdriver, small and medium flatblade screwdrivers, can opener, bottle opener and lanyard hole.
- Pliers Type: Needlenose
- Handle Color: Titanium gray
- RRP £40
- Available from Cotswold Outdoors.
- More about Gerber’s company history.