Crosstown Doughnuts, London
Will Ross, June 12, 2015
The spherical treats of Crosstown Doughnuts should be treated as one of London’s culinary safe zones, stocked with caffeine and doughnuts to perk up any afternoon. I dropped into their Soho venue on Broadwick Street – hard not to be impressed by their variety of quality offerings and think about scheduling another visit after a bike ride soon.
Doughnuts clearly roll into the venue a cut above the rest. Your typical glazed doughnut presents itself as a substantial treat, enough dough to warrant some chew and plenty of coating to promise some lick-lipping. Venturing one step further to another classic – the jam doughnut – I was impressed by the sheer equality of its oozing inside; the preserve was available from all directions, and of course tantalizingly seeping out of one side.
Crosstown venues in London
- 4 Broadwick Street (Mon-Thu 7am-10pm, Fri 7am-7pm, Sat 9am-11pm, Sun 9am-8pm)
- Leather Lane Market (Fri 9am-2pm)
- Broadway Market Schoolyard, London Fields Primary School (Saturdays, 10am-4pm)
- Sourced Market, Kings Cross (open everyday)
- Real Food Market, Kings Cross (Wed, Thu, Fri 8am-7pm)