Sea Kayak Sardinia
Josh Macfarlane, January 3, 2011
Type of Trip: Sea Kayaking
Duration: 7 days
Departure Dates for 2011: 22nd May-28th May, 17th July-23rd July, 18th September-24th September
Ability: Some previous experience is recommended as you can expect to paddle for up to six hours a day
Start Point: St Paolo, Sardinia
Finish Point: St Paolo, Sardinia
Operated By: Wilderness Journeys
You will arrive at Olbia airport in St Paolo where you will be transferred to St Paolo hotel which has beautiful views of Travolara Island. The following day you will be briefed on safety and have the opportunity to fine tune your paddling skills by exploring small nearby islands. You will once again stay in a hotel on night 2. Day 3 is the beginning of the main sea kayaking excursion, you will travel along the beautiful coastline to a hotel situated on Gonone beach where you will overnight. The following two days provide you more opportunity to explore Sardinia’s coastline, which ranges from golden beaches to dramatic cliffs. Both of these nights will be spent camping underneath the stars. Day 6 is the final day of sea kayaking where you will be able to kayak right up to the Colombi cave and practically touch the famous Perda Longa towering rock. The following day is the final day of the trip, you will be given a hearty breakfast before being transferred back to the Olbia airport.
Included in the Price
- 6 nights accommodation: 3 nights in a hotel, 1 night Agriturismo style and 2 nights wild camping.
- Tents while camping (not sleeping bags or mats).
- All kayak equipment, including qualified guides (sea kayaking jackets are not included).
- Airport transfer at both beginning and end of the trip.
- Dinner on Day 1, breakfast and lunch on Day 3 and breakfast on Day 7. On all other days breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided.
Getting there Responsibly
To cover all additional expenditure it is recommended that individuals bring extra cash to the equivalent of £150. Also people travelling by themselves will be expected to share a tent or double room with another member of the trip (of the same sex).